August 2019 Housing Market Update
September 12, 2019 – The median sales price of a home in the Baltimore Metro region was $289,900, slipping a bit from the last two months of record-setting highs, still gained 3.5% over prices seen last August.
Baltimore Metro Area – Overview
- The Baltimore Metro area median sales price of $289,900, while slipping a bit from the last two months of record-setting highs, still gained 3.5% over prices seen last August.
- However, sales volume of around $1.2 billion was down 1.5% from last year.
- Closed sales of 3,764 were down 2.8% compared to last year. Year-over-year closed sales have declined for 11 out of the past 12 months.
- New pending sales, however, rose by 5.0% compared to last year, to 3,958.
- New listings declined by 3.3% to 5,109, the third month in a row that year-over-year new listings have declined.
- As a result, there were 9,999 active listings at the end of August, down 4.2% from last year. This is the second month in a row of declining inventories, after nine straight months of gains.
- The August average percentage of original list price received at sale was 96.6%, up from last year’s 96.2%
The Baltimore Metro Area housing market includes the City of Baltimore, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, and Howard County in Maryland.
Source: MarketStats by ShowingTime based on August 2019 Bright MLS housing data