October 2019 Housing Market UpdateOctober 12, 2019 – The median sales price of a home in the Baltimore Metro region was $280,000, high amount for the month of October and showing continued growth for this area.
Baltimore Metro Area – Overview
- The Baltimore Metro area median sales price of $280,000 (+7.7% compared to last year) is at the highest October level of the decade and marks four years of solid price growth in the Metro.
- Sales volume of slightly more than $990 million was up 17.9% from last year.
- Closed sales of 3,174 were up 12.7% compared to last year, the second month in a row of double-digit gains after mostly declines over the past year.
- New pending sales of 3,777 were also up this month, 11.2% more than last October.
- New listings were virtually flat at 4,765, comparable with the sluggish numbers of the past few months.
- There were 9,894 active listings at the end of October, down 7.3% from last year. This is the fourth month in a row of declining inventories, after nine straight months of gains.
- The average percentage of original list price received at sale was 97.2%, up from last October’s 95.7%, and median days-on-market was 30, up just one day from last year
The Baltimore Metro Area housing market includes the City of Baltimore, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, and Howard County in Maryland.
Source: MarketStats by ShowingTime based on October 2019 Bright MLS housing data