August 2020 Housing Market Update
September 15, 2020 – The metro area median sales price hit a ten-year overall high ($325.9K), for a third straight month, up 12.4%.
Baltimore Metro Area – Overview
- The metro area median sales price hit a ten-year overall high ($325.9K), for a third straight month, up 12.4%.
- Anne Arundel County remained one of the top-performing areas with its third consecutive month of decade-high median prices ($395.0K).
- Demand remained high, as days on the market fell again to a new low (10 days).
- The number of units that left the market in ten days or less (2,192) increased by 98.4%.
- Overall new listing volume lagged as fewer single-family homes came on the market.
- New listings of single-family homes (2,382) fell -9.9% to an August five-year low.
The Baltimore Metro Area housing market includes the City of Baltimore, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, and Howard County in Maryland.
Source: MarketStats by ShowingTime based on August 2020 Bright MLS housing data