September 2020 Housing Market Update
October 14, 2020 – In the month of September, single-family homes had a median sales price of $405.0K, a decade best, up 12.5%. Days on the market slipped to single digits for the first time in area history, landing at an all-time low.
Baltimore Metro Area – Overview
- Single-family homes had a median sales price of $405.0K, a decade best, up 12.5%.
- Anne Arundel remained one of the hottest areas in the metro, with single-family homes selling for a county record of $485.0K (+21.3%).
- Townhomes in Baltimore County sold for a ten-year record price of $236.0K (+7.3%). Owings Mills townhomes sold for $262.5K (+7.2%).
- Sales of townhomes (2,051, up 33.6%) had their greatest year-over-year gain in over seven years.
- Baltimore City saw a September record 671 townhome sales (+27.8%).
- Days on the market slipped to single digits for the first time in area history, landing at an all-time low.
- Sales of homes on the market for ten days or less (2,253) rose by 145.2%.
The Baltimore Metro Area housing market includes the City of Baltimore, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, and Howard County in Maryland.
Source: MarketStats by ShowingTime based on August 2020 Bright MLS housing data