October 2020 Housing Market Update
November 16, 2020 – Strengthened by low interest rates and a recovering local economy, the Baltimore Metro reported an October record for median sales prices, which held steady month to month. Median sales price held at $320.0K for the second straight month, just shy of the August 2020 record of $325.9K.
Baltimore Metro Area – Overview
- The Baltimore Metro area set an October high median sales price ($320.0K).
- Median sales price held at $320.0K for the second straight month, just shy of the August 2020 record of $325.9K.
- Anne Arundel’s median sales prices ($399.9K) remained at all-time highs.
- New listings of townhomes (2,140, +16.6%) accelerated to an October record.
- Days on the market (8 days) continued to decline, with this month falling at the fastest rate since 2013 (-22 days from last October).
The Baltimore Metro Area housing market includes the City of Baltimore, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, and Howard County in Maryland.
Source: MarketStats by ShowingTime based on October 2020 Bright MLS housing data.