November 2020 Housing Market Update
December 15, 2020 – The Baltimore Metro pushed to a November ten-year high median sales price of $322.0K – the second-highest on record. Days on the market held at an all-time low eight days for a second month.
Baltimore Metro Area – Overview
- The Baltimore Metro pushed to a November ten-year high median sales price of $322.0K – the second-highest on record. Days on the market held at an all-time low eight days for a second month. The number of sold listings coming off the market in ten days or less (2,187) nearly tripled.
- Moving into December, median sales prices look to maintain in the $320K range, as buyer demand and low inventory will keep prices at high levels even during the holiday season. However, rising COVID-19 cases and slower economic growth could impact the month.
- Overall, the year is on track to finish with a median sales price above $300K for the first time on record.
- Howard County hit a ten-year overall high median sales price of $477.5K (up +17.9%).
- Anne Arundel County posted a November-best 378 attached home sales (+53.0% from last year).
- All unit types fell to the lowest days on the market on record. Townhomes (8 days on the market) left sale three weeks earlier than last year.
The Baltimore Metro Area housing market includes the City of Baltimore, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, and Howard County in Maryland.
Source: MarketStats by ShowingTime based on November 2020 Bright MLS housing data.